Saturday, September 19, 2009

Enter Denmark

I won't bore you with the minor details. I got on a plane, it was cramped, the food was only okay, I didn't sleep well, but the entertainment is much better (many more movies, personal TV, etc). You know the drill. Heathrow was a MOB scene and even though my flight was an hour and a half from boarding a very kind woman let me bypass an hour of waiting in line for passport check to stand in a 45 minute line for security screening. (In SFO all my camera gear made it through without a glance, but they rescanned my burrito!)

Puddle jumped from Heathrow to Copenhagen and the first thing that struck me was that the hard wood floors of the gate I came out on were really really cool, and it was amazingly quiet. The bathroom though, was kind of nasty. Okay, too many details.

Hopped on a train to Copenhagen, bought my train ticket for Herning, and found my hotel right away. Easy peasy.

I'm starting to get excited and anxious about Monday, but the gear is in order and all those days behind a camera are like the wrestlers training in the room. I'm in good shape, mentally and physically, and all I can hope for are some US golds and the angles to be in my favor. I'm carrying the John Sachs "every good shot turns to me" luck, I just know it.

See you in Herning.

No comments: